Taylor's Top 5 "New to Us" Pollinator Plants
By Taylor Lewis, Nursery Manager
With the Arboretum Teaching Nursery nearly at plant capacity, we finally have a moment to appreciate many of the new pollinator plants we have been growing for you this fall. It was way too easy to come up with a list full of fabulous plants that will look great in your garden, attract one or another pollinator, be drought tolerant, and handle our Sacramento Valley conditions. (Download the complete inventory on our plant sale information page.)
Honorable mention (because there’s just too many awesome new plants). Download the complete inventory on our plant sale information page.
• Anigozanthos kanga series
• Chaenomeles speciosa ‘Scarlet Storm’ PP 20951 Double Take Scarlet™
• Lavandula angustifolia ‘Blue Spear’
• Hibiscus ‘Holy Grail’ PPAF CPBRAF (Summerific® Collection)
• Penstemon ‘Onyx and Pearls’ PPAF
• Puya coerulea var. violacea
• Passiflora edulis ‘Possum Purple’
• Glandularia lilacina ‘Paseo Rancho’
• Coreopsis gigantea
• Salvia coerulea ‘Black and Bloom’ PP27183 Nectar Blue™
See you at our upcoming sales!